(Union City, New Jersey) – Amid concerns regarding COVID 19 (the “Coronavirus”), the City of Union City along with the Union City Board of Education announces the following closures and restrictions:
- Union City Board of Education has closed all schools until further notice
- All private daycares in Union City are closed until further notice
- Union City Municipal Court and Landlord/Tenant Court are closed until further notice
- All Union City Recreation, Senior Citizens activities, and Library are canceled until further notice
- Union City Parking Authority is extending expired or set to expire parking permits for 30 days.
- Visiting City Hall should be limited to urgent matters only. If the business can be conducted over the phone or through the website, we encourage residents to do so.
- The City of Union City will institute a curfew of 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM until further notice. Residents are required to stay in their homes at this time barring emergencies and exempting those reporting for work.
- Additionally, all gyms, bars, restaurants, movie theatres and casinos are closed 24/7, indefinitely until further notice. The only exceptions to restaurants are drive-thru, delivery or curb-side take away only.
- All other businesses should also follow the curfew of 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM with the exception of pharmacies, gas stations and grocery stores.
“At this time, there are no confirmed cases of the Coronavirus in Union City, but with that being said, we are taking serious precautions to ensure that the public’s health, safety, and welfare are the first priority,” said Mayor Brian P. Stack. “We are speaking with federal, state and local agencies around the clock and assessing the situation. I understand that these restrictions and closures can be inconvenient and troublesome, but I ask for everyone’s patience and understanding during this time. If anyone needs assistance, please contact me or my office.”